Planning 101 - Dessert
Before you begin, you need to know the following:
1. Wedding Colors
2. Estimated Guest Count
Things to Start Thinking About
Top Cake-Planning Tips
1. Find out if having multiple flavors will cost more, it typically does and your guests rarely get to make an informed choice.
2. Save money by ordering a small beautiful cake for cutting and then a sheet cake in the same flavor to be kept in the kitchen and served to all your guests.
3. When choosing a cake topper, think about your theme of your wedding and also hobbies you share, words that speak to you, etc. Make it creative.
4. If you want to add fresh flowers, ask the florist which flowers are best suited for this and be sure they have not been sprayed with pesticides.
5. Be sure the frosting you choose can withstand the temperature at your venue. If your reception is in a bard with no climate control, you may want to avoid the buttercream.
6. Be sure to work our delivery details. OH Hello is happy to pick up sheet cakes and most desserts for a small fee, but your three tier cake will need to come from the bakery and may require time to assemble.
7. Choose a table and linens that will really show off your cake, maybe even a spot light.
8. Consider whether you want to save your top tier or simply re-order a replica from your baker instead.